The Camp Towanda Athletic Department enjoyed another successful season this year, with our campers participating in over 145 athletic events throughout this camp season. Summer 2013 kicked off with our 33 boys’ teams and 23 girls’ teams competing in multiple Wayne County Tournament games, and ended with 15 teams contending for a championship in the finals. Throughout the summer, campers are offered a wide variety of sports to take part in. Levels of competition range from inter-camp play dates and Fun Fridays, where everyone can play, to Invitational Tournaments, both here and at many of the other 30 Wayne County Athletic Association member camps, to the select try-out teams of the Wayne County Tournament. Many of our teams met with great success this year, with 52 of 56 teams playing in the quarterfinal round.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WAYNE COUNTY CHAMPIONS
- Junior Girls (6th Grade) Soccer Team
- Inter Girls (7th Grade) Softball Team
- National Boys (8th Grade) Soccer Team Dorm/LIT Girls (10th/11th Grade) Soccer Team
- Club Boys (10th Grade) Tennis Team
- Club/LIT Boys (10th/11th Grade) Lacrosse Team
AND TO OUR WAYNE COUNTY RUNNERS-UP:
- Tween Girls (5th Grade) Soccer Team
- Middie Boys (5th Grade) Baseball Team
- Junior Girls (6th Grade) Softball Team
- National Girls (8th Grade) Lacrosse Team National Boys (8th Grade) Baseball Team
- Senior Girls (9th Grade) Volleyball Team
- Senior Girls (9th Grade) Soccer Team
- Senior Boys (9th Grade) Soccer Team
- Club/LIT Boys (10th/11th Grade) Basketball Team
Our abilities were on display in many other Invitational Tournaments, highlighted by success in other sports such as; Flag Football, Hockey, Swimming, Gymnastics, and Dance.
Along with Individual Tennis Tournament winners, three of our teams were Towanda Tournament Champions:
- Junior Girls (6th Grade) Softball
- Inter Boys (7th Grade) Lacrosse
- National/Senior Girls (8th/9th Grade) Basketball
Although we are extremely proud of our victories, we are really most proud of the excellent sportsmanship, team support and camaraderie, which is paramount to our coaching philosophy and our Towanda values.
For athletes looking for an even more intensive athletic experience, we offer the Master Camp program, where our professional coaches and college athletes work with interested campers on a
more individualized basis to hone specific skills.
See you on the fields in 2014!